I know that many of you will read this title and thing, “Really, you’re talking about using the internet to search stuff?” While other readers are thinking, “REALLY!!! YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT USING THE INTERNET TO SEARCH STUFF?!?!?!”
People come to my office asking the most random questions…
- What time is it in Colorado?
- How late is Target open?
- Is there a Chick-fil-a in DesÂ Moines?
- How much is an iPad?
- When is the cheapest place to buy a watch?
- Can I add a photo to a Word document?
- Do you know the Bass Tab in E StandardÂ to Kristian Stanfill’s “Say Say?”
- How many ounces in a cup?
- What planet is between Saturn and Neptune?
My answer to every questions is, “Why would I know that? Go Google it.”
I use the internet to search out almost every questions I have. Â I don’t always trust the internet but it points me in the right direction most of the time.
- Google is a wealth of knowledge!
- YouTube is a great place to find great tutorials for the visual learner (search for any software, music, home, garden, etc).
- I find that a web search for is often quicker than my Bible software when I know part of a verse and need theÂ reference.
- If you have a good idea of something you want to purchase the interweb is a great place to find the best deal?
- Ever get a call from a weird number? Google it (or just the area code)?
The list goes on and on. If I were looking up this things above here is what I would find…
- What time is it in Colorado?Â (just type that)
- How late is Target open?Â (search Target Store hours)
- Is there a Chick-fil-a in DesÂ Moines? (search Chick-fil-aÂ Store Locator)
- How much is an iPad? (Go to the source…apple.com)
- When is the cheapest place to buy a watch? (search “Cheap watch” or “Best Watch Prices” or go to ebay – Just make sure the site is protected/trustworthy)
- Can I add a photo to a Word document? (Youtube search but keep it simpleÂ photo to a Word document).
- Do you know the Bass Tab in E StandardÂ to Kristian Stanfill’s “Say Say?”Â (search Youtube forÂ Kristian Stanfill “Say Say?”)
- How many ounces in a cup? (just google it…oz in a cup)
- What planet is between Saturn and Neptune? (If you work in youthÂ ministryÂ you know this!)
Click here tomorrow and read a few tips that will help you refine your web searching.