I couldn’t be more excited to launch a new non-program for discipleship in our ministry we’re calling Grow on the Go (actually we’re revising and bringing this back from HSM past). We’re taking some simple small plastic bins from Target and dropping in some great biblical resources to help our small group leaders challenge students to take a spiritual step. To get a fuller understanding of how small groups are connected to spiritual growth and discipleship, maybe check out 5 Parts to a Typical Small Group Night or 6 Ways to Help Small Group Students Take a Spiritual Step.
So when a Life Group leader recognizes an opportunity to challenge a student to grow on their own, they have some tools right there (or in the trunk of their car) at their disposal. So what’s inside the bins? Glad you asked! We put 1 or 2 of the following resources in the mobile version of our Grow Booth:
- Help! I’m a Student Leader
- One Minute Bible for Students
- 31 Verses Every Teenager Should Know – Here & Now
- 31 Verses Every Teenager Should Know – Identity
- The 2nd Greatest Story Ever Told
- Fresh Start With God
- Rootworks: Philippians
- Rootworks: 1 John
- Rootworks: Psalms
- Each of the HABITS from the Habits Production Pack
- Every Young Man’s Battle OR Every Young Woman’s Battle (depending on gender of group)
- Spiritual Ruts (this is an in-house, as of yet unpublished resource)
I’m convinced that including a little bit of training on these tools at the beginning of the year and putting them in leader’s hands will make a big difference!