I shot out a quick note to our team this week right before our parent reception and Life Group Meet ‘N Greet. Just some quick reminders when partnering with parents!
- Be full of grace and meekness.
- Be positive. Attitude is everything!
- Admit mistakes. It is OUR fault. Even when it is not our fault it is our fault.
- If you are unclear in any way if you can accommodate a request, do not promise. Be realistic with the hope that you give a parent/student and their situation.
- Work HARD to fix the problem. Get creative, leave no stone unturned looking for a solution. Nothing is worse than your supervisor finding a solution in 2 seconds that you should have found, too.
- Pastor our people! We want to minister to parents, so pastor them, encourage them, brag on their kids, etc.
- Give out our materials like candy! It will be a HIT with the parents and put right into their hands.
- BE YOU. You are awesome. You are fun, you love this place and love these students.