Weekend Teaching Series: Before and After: a study through Ephesians (series finale, week 3 of 3)
Sermon in a Sentence: A celebration of summer camp decisions framed around the whole armor of God.
Service Length: 89 minutes
Understandable Message: The week after camp might be my favorite youth group of the year. Everyone is there and everyone is on fire! All 4 high school services this weekend were a total joy to be at – hearing all that God did in the hearts of our students was absolutely incredible. Made me so thankful to be in youth ministry and honored to serve with an incredible team. I opened up the message by reading through Ephesians 6 and the whole armor of God. Then I asked them for testimonies on each of the parts of the armor of God:
- Helmet of Salvation: testimonies or trusting Christ, baptism, etc.
- Shield of Faith: stories of spiritual growth, etc
- Shoes of Peace: testimonies of forgiveness, restoration, reconciliation
- Body Armor of Righteousness: stories of turning away from sin
- Belt of Truth: share a truth or confess a lie you’ve been living or believing
- Sword of the Spirit: share a verse that has been meaningful to you this summer
Element of Fun/Positive Environment: This weekend we played the HSM Summer Camp highlight video and made a couple of callbacks to awesome videos from camp. The Amp Up Song, Krispy Kreme (Haters Wanna Be Me) and The Other Direction all made appearances. Such a fun, overpowering weekend!
Music Playlist: Here for you, What Would I Have Done, All I Am Christ in Me, We Are The Free
Favorite Moment: For sure hearing students stories. So, so strong.
Up next: Worship Together Weekend #2