(I’m in a mood to post some of my more unusual YM volunteer job descriptions, ways people can volunteer in your uthmin that you might not have dreamed of yet. Here’s another one; more to come.)
Data Base Guru Volunteer Description
The Database Guru Coordinator helps the youth ministry accomplish their ministry goals by maintaining a functional and synchronous congregational relationship management data base system.
Description and Responsibilities:
- The Data Base Guru prays regularly for the youth ministry’s programs.
- The Data Base Guru ensures a cloud-based database is functional and flexible enough to allow volunteers to access and update student information via cloud, phone, iPad or other digitally secure device.
- The database allows for students to electronically sign in and out into activities and also tracks students’ attendance information and preferences.
- The Guru also does input when needed or sees that it is done.
- Attendance tracking should include ALL programs where youth are involved, including worship.
- Database should also integrate with students’ Facebook/Instagram/social-media of choice profile.
- The Youth Ministry database is being utilized to its fullest to reach all student members of the church and their families, along with the community families as well. This includes: monthly MIA report, weekly 1st time visitors report, monthly follow-up report on 1st timers, monthly birthday report, attendance tracking.
- The Guru also provides training for all youth ministry volunteers and serves as the expert for the database.
Team Composition (number): 1-2
Time Commitment: 2-5 hours per month
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: Computer-savvy, knowledge of website apps or software, creativity, organized
Resources and Training Provided: The youth ministry staff will provide coaching and support.