- If you are looking for a fantastic little book to help your small groups get to know one another, This Book Gets Around may be just the ticket! It’s like an interactive, get to know me, pass it around, journal sort of thing. Yep, that’s the perfect description!
- If you don’t play or care about Fantasy Football, skip this one.
Last night was our student ministries Fantasy Football draft, which was a fun fiasco. Two contributing factors to the chaos:
1) We decided to have the draft live at my house around our fire pit, figuring that would be a fun atmosphere. People arrived late and as we were all scrambling to get ready before the draft started, it became obvious my Wi-fi wouldn’t support a dozen people. With about 3 minutes until start, we all scrambled to get to another home down the street. As a result, we missed the opening bell, folks were auto-drafting people they didn’t want, etc.
2) Instead of a traditional “snake” draft, we did an auction draft with everybody starting with $250. The beauty of an auction draft is that you can get any player you want if you are willing to pay for him. Of course, due to our late start many of us had already paid big money auto drafting somebody we didn’t want!
- We are about to kick off a new Jesus-focused series in JH called, “I’m With This Guy!” Can’t wait to see it unfold and to see junior highers become more aware of and in love with our Savior.
- I recently made a commitment with our college pastor, Mike Brook, to start surfing two mornings a week. Because I’m typically at Starbucks by 6:30 a.m., it shouldn’t be too tough to be at the beach instead. It definitely falls into a mid-life crisis category of some sort…trying to regain some of the younger years.
- In two weeks, we are launching a new service in our student ministries at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday afternoons. This means we will have five service times each week for families of teenagers to choose from: Saturday at 4:00 and 6:00 and Sunday at 9:00, 11:00 and 1:00. QUESTION: Does anybody out there do an afternoon youth service? If so, can you please share some tips/thoughts in the comments?
- It’s not too early to register for The Simply Youth Ministry Conference happening March 7-10. Thousands of men and women from the Youth Ministry Nation gathered in one place to celebrate the wonderful call to serving teenagers.