A variety of Randomness!
* What is the best book/tool/resource you’ve come across clearly explaining and helping teenagers articulate and share the Gospel?
* Saw Divergent last night. Although it wasn’t completely true to the book (movies rarely are…isn’t that true, Noah?), it managed to “feel” like the book, to me. Watching it pretty much felt like I imagined things to feel when I was reading the series.
* So many lessons to be learned from the World Vision happenings the last few days. Chief among them is how quickly news, opinion and commentary travel in today’s small world.
* By Mid-summer, Saddleback will have launched youth ministry in three of our international churches (Buenos Aires, Manilla and Hong Kong). Exciting stuff! Challenging stuff! Good times ahead!
* The two youth ministry books I’m most excited about right now:
– Jesus Centered Youth Ministry by Rick Lawrence
- Can I Ask That? by Jim Candy, Brad Griffin and Kara Powell (actually more of a curriculum than a book…)
* Tonight I have the joy of attending the first ever parent gathering for parents at one of our smaller campuses. Lalo, our new Youth Pastor in Huntington Beach, is an amazing young leader who has made the wise decision to make ministry to parents one of his early goals. Can’t wait to be a fly on the wall tonight!