For my friends desperately getting through a crazy day while serving a church, my Top 5 Tips for surviving today:
1) If the copier breaks down at your church, forget about the bulletins for tonight. Someone announces what’s next anyway and Jesus still comes.
2) If there is even the SLIGHTEST chance of wind or drizzle, save yourself the trouble of the luminaries. Jesus still comes.
3) Give up the search for that present. Seriously. Download a picture and gift card to purchase it, stick them in an envelope and let it all go. Jesus still comes.
4) Worried about your sermon tonight? Come on…you know the Scripture. You know the story. Set it all aside for now and do what Oswald Chambers says: “Let the Spirit set the Word on fire.”
5) Dress comfortable. Wear a robe.
Jesus still comes.