Now that my blog has joined forces with the mighty More Than Dodgeball, I thought I’d continue some of the features that kept my junior high blog small and relatively unpopular. My “Random Randomness” posts are a good place to start.
- Just returned from four nights camping under the stars with 8 other families. We fished, hiked, shot BB guns, faced down bears (Katie Edwards did, anyway) and sat around the fire. A really lazy way to end an outrageously busy summer.
- Another thing we did while camping was play lots and lots of KanJam, the game you really must purchase for your youth group.
- May I recommend a short shopping list for your junior high ministry this fall?
- This Book Gets Around. If you are looking for a fun way to help your students (in small groups, at a retreat, etc.) get to know each other a little better, this is the way to go. Such a fun idea. Or, buy some 10-packs and ask your students to take them to school to learn more about their friends!
- LIVE small group curriculum. There simply is not a better small group curriculum out there, in my opinion.
- The Challenge. Almost every junior higher loves games. Almost every junior high youth worker hates coming up with them. Make everybody happy!
- 99 Thoughts About Junior High Ministry. There are a few great junior high/middle school ministry books out there, and they are all too long for your volunteers to read! Give your volunteer team a pocketful of confidence with this fantastic little book.
- Want a free resource…that kicks butt? Point your hurting students to Teen Christian Ministries. I love this little web show that is making a huge impact on the teenagers who tune in!
- Have you seen The Way, Way Back? If not, write it into your schedule this week before it disappears. It’s a movie every youth worker needs to see.