Thousands will gather for Group’s KidMin conference… all to better learn how to grow with God and serve children better.
It’s simply awesome.
Let’s T.P. them.
By “T.P.” I don’t mean let’s show up in Columbus, Ohio and throw toilet papers at their Enterprise rental cars (because as youth workers we have to use the ghetto cheap car companies that no one has ever heard of).
I mean let’s “Twitter Plunder” the #KidMin13 feed.
I’m talking some appropriately snarky posts that are the equivalent of when someone T.P.’s your house… full of love, but also some playful jabs.
For example, you could randomly post these throughout the weekend:
- “At #KidMin13. I heard @OfficialPetra is signing autographs. Anyone know where?”
- “A little help? Looking for the closest Starbucks. #KidMin13″
- “MY FLIGHT IS DELAYED! PLEASE TELL SOMEONE AT THE #KIDMIN13 MAIN STAGE NOT TO START YET!”
- “Found a small piece of feather in the hair of the woman at registration. Picked it out. She said to put it back. #KidMin13″
- “Still haven’t found a Starbucks. Anyone know where there’s a Dunkin Donuts? #KidMin13″
- “I’m all for creative object lessons, but why are there radial saw blades on the chairs in the main room? #KidMin13″
- “Just met a children’s worker from France who spit in my face. Somehow it still felt romantic. #KidMin13″
- “People… I need coffee. Is there a Panera Bread anywhere? An overpriced Italian Bistro? I have the church credit card. #KidMin13″
- “The worship leader has us doing VBS motions for every song. This is the best day of my life! #KidMin13″
- “Need to go to the bathroom… are we supposed to raise our hands first? Can I just go? #KidMin13″
- “I… NEED… CAFFEINE…. NOW… NOW…. NOW…. #KidMin13″
- “About to attend ‘How To Run A Non-Halloween Halloween Event’ then ‘Ways to Avoid a Background Check When You REALLY Need Volunteers’ #KidMin13″
- “Won the Sword Drill! Got a bouncy ball! And a light-up bracelet! And Strawberry Starburst! And Chinese Finger Traps! #KidMin13″
- “Who is this ‘Bob the Tomato?’ #KidMin13″
- “Met a woman who has been doing children’s ministry for 4,926 years. #inspiring #KidMin13″
- “Smuggled Mr. Muggles into my hotel room. Yay! #Ilovecats #ClapClapClap #KidMin13″
- “Totally blown away with new perspective. Going home and installing white carpet in all the kids rooms at the church. #KidMin13″
- “There’s a guy at the Simply Youth Ministry Conference booth with better hair than I’ll ever have. He must know where some coffee is.”
Of course, be nice… and pray for them. Children’s workers are our comrades .We want them to have a great conference.
Just… not without us, right?
#kidmin13 is about to become a weekend trend. Let’s help them out.
Got any other appropriate tweets?