A couple of weekends ago we came up with an idea to help bring the message home and into a student’s life each morning. We gave them a song from iTunes and a challenge. All they had to do was promise to listen to the song each morning for a week – the point I was trying to make was as you get ready in the morning, make sure you’re getting ready spiritually, too.
- During the message, students were asked to fill out a response card with their iTunes email address
- We didn’t have a backup plan for non-iTunes students (sorry!)
- We chose a different song for each gender to help make the message more specific
- As the girls put on their makeup, we asked them to play the song “Beautiful” by Bethany Dillon and challenged them to be beautiful on the inside and the outside.
- As the guys get pumped up in the morning, we gave them the song “Awake and Alive” by Skillet to listen to as a reminder that the day is God’s and to commit their path to Him.
Students seemed to really dig the idea … hopefully the money was well spent. If you don’t now how to gift a song in iTunes (you can do a whole bunch with one click) you can find out how right here. Maybe this idea will work for you sometime soon, too!