There’s an unconscious irony for pastors and youth workers after watching a preview of the movie Noah.
If you haven’t seen it yet, here it is:
Much like God spoke to Noah and told him what was to come, we have the opportunity to prepare for what’s ahead. Whether or not this movie is “100% accurate,” we will have the opportunity to talk about God and the Bible when our culture tunes in for a moment.
Think about some of the things we should brush up on now:
- Who was Noah?
- How old was Noah… really?
- Will God punish people? If so, why? If not, why? And, for that matter, should He?
- Theories of evolution vs creation vs flood theory
- How big was the ark?
- How many animals were on it?
- What about the dinosaurs?
This is only scratching the surface.
- What does this mean for you?
- Will you take your students to see this?
- What else should we be brushing up on?
And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. (Colossians 4:3-6)