Was digging through some old files on our student ministry archives, and found this simple gem on how to pray for your small group leaders. Not sure who to credit (probably Matt McGill or Doug Fields). Good stuff here:
- Put a couple calendar reminders for each day of your week as a reminder to pray for your small group leaders. (i.e. I pray for Bob and Jim on Tuesdays, Sue and Sammy on Wednesdays, etc,)
- Look up the list of students in their small group and pray for each of them by name.
- Pray for something very specific to happen with their small group. Send them an email letting them know about your prayer.
- Put a post-it on your dashboard with one leaderâ€™s name and every time you get in your car to drive to work or small groupâ€¦pray for that leader. Change it each week.
- Write a letter to God on a postcard that is a prayer for that small group leader and send it to them in the mail.