That said, I thought I might throw out a few things (with a bit of sarcastic tone behind them) that college aged people might consider including in their 2014 New Year Resolutions.
Hopefully you can laugh with me on this one:
- I will stop considering my jeans clean simply because I put them in the dryer with a dryer sheet.
- I will start washing my sheets before I can see the dirt ring where I lay down.
- I will think twice and consider what I am saying about myself before I post/tweet “selfies.”
- I will stop stalking my old high school friends Facebook pages so I can judge their life decisions.
- I will stop making romantic decisions with the 13-year-old part of my brain.
- I will stop using Emoji’s to cover up my lack of ability to articulate emotions in words.
- I will stop spending money as if it grows on my bed – that my parents bought me.
- I will stop calling in sick to work simply because I hung out with friends until 4:00 a.m.
- I will hit “snooze” less – maybe 2-3 times maximum.
- I will stop spending all my free-time managing my social networks and then complaining that I’m too busy.
Happy New Year!